Obesity is a serious problem amp; has potential to reach epidemic levels by the year 2020. To help prevent such an epidemic, one can make people aware of the risks of being overweight or obese. Some diseases that are associated with being overweight are heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, arthritis, amp; hypertension. Losing weight amp; keeping it off will help prevent amp; control the aforementioned diseases.
The fad these days are the quick weight loss methods. Many of them are so hyped up amp; do not provide lasting results. Dieting methods that involve dietary drinks, foods, supplements, or even pills hardly work or at most provide marginal amp; temporary results. Some people still fall for them because they do not really understand weight loss. Pursuing a healthy weight loss option provides life long results. Throw the expectation of losing a ridiculous amount of pounds super fast, out the window amp; start being realistic.
Having said that, here are some tips on how you can lose weight the healthy way:
1. Starving is a big NO. Forget about dieting by skipping meals. A human body needs energy amp; sufficient food is the fuel. By skipping meals, the stored calories will be used up instead of the energy provided by the meal. For example, easting only one huge sandwich as the only meal for the day will have it all end up directly to the flab problem area (love handles, buttocks, hips, amp; etc)
2. Have the Breakfast of Champions. Eat a healthy breakfast to give the body’s metabolism a boost. The breakfast eaten after waking up is used to burn fat/flab all day long.
3. Small amp; more frequent healthy meals are better than three ‘gut filling’ to the max meals. The practice prevents over eating, increases metabolism amp; make calories burn faster.
4. Make a realistic weight loss goal. How much weight do you want to lose? Forget about doing the improbable like losing 40 pounds in two weeks. Instead, instill the thinking of eating healthy amp; staying healthy for the entire life span. Stick to your realistic weight loss plan like super glue.
5. Drinking lots of water will help burn fat/flab amp; keep body cells hydrated amp; healthy.
6. Cut the sugar intake. Meals taste better anyway with plenty of fruits amp; vegetables, bread, rice, pasta for essential carbohydrates. Also don’t forget lean meat amp; other protein rich foods. Leave the sweets, sodas, amp; tempting pastries for the not so frequent occasion. You may want to indulge once in a while; no need to go through torture, right?
7. Eating the right fats is actually good. Olive, peanuts amp; canola oil have healthy fats. Tuna, salmon amp; mackerel have omega-3 fats which is good for the heart. Watching the fat intake will be good too so that you can keep your weight at the proper level.
8. Last but not least, the most dreaded of all weight loss endeavors; exercise! Don’t fret; any mundane activity can help shed the pounds off. For example, skip taking the car when you only want to go somewhere that is a few blocks away. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. You can also go jogging, cycling or use skates. Do the activities regularly amp; before you know it, you are already losing weight!
Be realistic with yourself. Accept your body as how it is now; plenty of flab or not amp; you know you can make it better. Take it slow amp; take a break after losing 5 or 6 pounds before moving on with losing the next 5 or 6 pounds. A better run at losing weight amp; improving health resulting in a new, healthier you can be had by healthy eating, drinking lots of water, having enough sleep amp; exercising regularly. Happy Weight Loss!